Though we are an independent commercial organisation, we believe that in fulfilling our objectives we need to maintain awareness of the social and environmental impact of our operations. This policy statement therefore sets out those values to which we as a company adhere in conducting our affairs in relation to:
Members/ Users of our Software, and Society
- Our primary aim is to give smaller businesses the same potential to improve productivity, operating efficiencies, and therefore competitiveness, that the very best large ERP systems have to offer, and at a very affordable price.
- Our application also aims to encourage social cohesion and local community enterprise through the provision of such productivity tools to small businesses.
- Our application provides access to your system from anywhere with appropriate ICT access which makes it easier to facilitate remote/ home working.
- Our application aims to encourage, where practical, the reduction in the detrimental environmental impact involved with inefficient business practices.
- Our application aims to encourage, where practical, the reduction in the detrimental environmental impact involved with commuting.
- As a business we actively seek ways to reduce the environmental impact of our own activities in terms of energy and materials usage.
- We respect cultural differences and aim to deal courteously with those who hold opinions that differ from ours; colleagues, stakeholders, customers and suppliers are always treated respectfully and fairly.
- We shall challenge all forms of discrimination and will not work with other third parties that do; we employ people not on the basis of their age, sex, creed, race or beliefs, but on the basis of their suitability for the job to be done.
Suppliers and Service Providers
- When purchasing products and services we aim to pay our suppliers to pre-agreed terms, and do not aim to profit by malice in any way.
- We bank with Co-operative Bank which in 1992 set out precisely what ethical standards would govern the types of businesses the bank would and would not offer services to; the bank continues to be the only high street bank that gives customers a say in how their money is used and which encourages their input into the ongoing development of its Ethical Policy – see www.co-operativebank.co.uk/ethics/ethicalpolicy